Associate Membership of Godly Play UK
Do you share our vision?
Help us to grow seeds into trees.
Will you join us?
Associate Membership of Godly Play is open to
✤ everyone who cares about nurturing the spirituality of childhood
✤ those who have experienced the spiritual support that Godly Play can offer
✤ those who use Godly Play and those who don’t
✤ those who would like the influence of Godly Play to be part of every childhood.
By contributing a modest annual membership of £30, you can be part of this story, helping to secure Godly Play’s future in the UK and further afield. Your contribution will make a real difference to the spiritual lives of children, their teachers and many more.
We have outgrown our seedling stage: to realise Godly Play’s full potential, your help is essential. The seeds sown and watered now will yield a wonderful harvest.
Download the form, print off and send to the address at the top. Join by direct debit
What is Godly Play?
A creative and imaginative approach to Christian nurture, Godly Play
- is based on long established, tried and tested approaches,
- uses symbols and objects as well as words
- values process, openness and discovery
- and encourages people to make meaning for themselves
It invites listeners into stories and encourages them to connect the stories with personal experience.
- is a non-coercive way to encourage children to move into larger dimensions of belief and faith
- uses wondering questions and open-ended response time
- aims to develop a deeper understanding of stories, symbols and rites
- a way of preparing children to join in the worship and life of their faith community.
Developed originally as a resource for children, Godly Play is now being used with a wide range of age groups in a diversity of settings.
It can be used in a variety of settings – churches, schools, care settings and hospitals, and among people with and without formal religious faith.
Godly Play is one of several variations of the Montessori tradition of religious education and was developed in the United States by Dr Jerome Berryman.