Godly Play network groups support practitioners so that they develop their practice in community with others. They meet under the direction of a Regional Trainer, but may be led by Advocates. Frequency of meeting will depend on the membership of the group and what works best for them.
Birmingham Godly Play Network
- Area: Birmingham and surrounding areas
- Main point of contact: email@example.com
- Advocates: Helen Woodall, Claire Wesley
We are a multi-denominational group who get together termly to share our experiences, receive mutual support and encouragement for our practice and experience a story told by a member of the group. We meet from 7.30 – 9.00 in the Northfield area of Birmingham – and there is always cake! Everyone is welcome to join us whether you’ve been on a taster session, a 3-day course or are just interested.
Bradford and Leeds Godly Play Network
- Area: Leeds, Bradford and surrounding area
- Point of Contact : Mandy Thorlby
- Regional Trainers: Susie Steele
- Advocates: Mandy Thorlby and Denise Brogden
We are a small, friendly and welcoming non-denominational group open to anyone in the Leeds/ Bradford area with an interest in Godly Play. We meet 5 or 6 times a year , usually in Otley, but throughout the pandemic have continued to meet on zoom. Our meetings are informal and always include an experience of Godly play as well as time and space to ask questions, reflect on practice and support one another. From time to time we have run ‘making’ evenings to create resources.
Bristol Godly Play Network
- Area: Bristol and surrounding areas
- Main point of contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Trainer: Sian Hancock, Alison Summerskill
- Advocates: Becky Fisher
We are a non-denominational group meeting bi-monthly in and around Bristol. Our members are ministers and church workers with a breadth of experience in Godly Play, but with still more to learn. Meetings are generally in the evening, from 7.30-9pm. We welcome anyone with an interest in Godly Play, whether or not they have attended a taster or training.
Cambridge Godly Play Network
- Area: Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties
- Main point of Contact: Eona Bell email@example.com
- Regional Trainers: Andrea Harrison, Rebecca Nye
- Advocates: Eona Bell, Dani Redhead, Sue Price (Also Gill Osborne nearby in Norfolk/Norwich)
We are a non-denominational group that tries to meet once a term, usually on Saturday mornings in the community centre at St Mark’s Church, Barton Road, Cambridge CB3 9JZ. We share stories and experiences while supporting each other in our use of Godly Play. We are open to anyone who is interested in Godly Play whether they have attended training or not – most of us live and work in the Cambridge area, but some come from further afield. We can point people to Taster Days and training events when possible and arrange for resources to be shared within the local area.
Cumbria Godly Play Network aka ‘Godly Play Anonymous’
- Area: Cumbria
- Main point of contact: Hazel Scott Bowes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Trainers: Mary Cooper email@example.com
- Advocates: Hazel Scott Bowes, Nicki Pennington
We are an ecumenical group that began life as ‘Godly Play Anonymous’ (get the addiction?) before we even knew about the national Network groups. We cover Cumbria in the North West of England. Most of our members are teachers and church workers located in the Eden Valley (which lies between the Lakes and the Pennines) and Penrith area, although we have a database of contacts stretching from Lanercost, Carlisle, Whitehaven, Grange-over-Sands. We meet once a term mainly in Kirkoswald Methodist Church where we transform the worship space with our Godly Play trolleys and equipment which also live there. The meetings are usually held late afternoon 4 for 4.30pm – 6pm. This means the teachers are able to fit in the meetings immediately after school. During this time we begin with a feast, share a Godly Play story and wondering, we have a chance to debrief the story, and use the social time to support and learn from each other. These sessions are equally open to newcomers to Godly Play – we intend them to serve as a good “taster” session, and also to experienced practitioners. We welcome anyone with an interest in, or curiosity about Godly Play and have plans to move around this large and rambling rural county from time to time, especially in the spring and summer months, so that GPN/GPA is more accessible to our disparate membership.
Devon Godly Play Network
- Area: Devon and surrounding areas
- Main point of contact: Katherine Lyddon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Trainer: Katherine Lyddon
- Advocates: Alison Shaw
We are a very friendly non-denominational group meeting bi-annually (March and October). Our members are volunteers, church workers with a breadth of experience in Godly Play, but all very keen to learn and wonder more. Meetings are generally a full Saturday (10-4) and people are welcome to come for some of it if they can’t manage the whole day. An introduction to Godly Play can be run alongside the hub in the morning so that Hub members are able to bring friends and colleagues to introduce them to the thing we are all hooked on! Lunch is provided and those who have attended the 3 day training are invited to stay for the afternoon to go deeper.
Guernsey Godly Play Network
- Area: Guernsey (Channel Islands)
- Main point of contact: Eleanor White (email@example.com)
We are a multi denominational group who meet once each half term to share a full Godly Play session, to reflect on our experience and to support and encourage each other. All are very welcome, especially those new to Godly Play.
Norfolk Godly Play Network
- Area: Norfolk and surrounding areas
- Main point of contact: Anna Main firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Trainer: Andrea Harrison, Rebecca Nye
- Advocates: Gill Osborne email@example.com
We exist to connect those from across Norfolk and the surrounding area who use or are interested in Godly Play. The network provides an opportunity for sharing a Godly Play story, wondering together and discussing ideas, resources and the experiences people have of using Godly Play in different contexts.
The network aims to meet 2 times a year and is hosted in different locations to help make the meetings accessible to people from across the county.
The network meeting is free to attend and has a relaxed atmosphere to share refreshments and meet others. It is open to anyone whether a regular storyteller, infrequent storyteller or exploring Godly Play for the first time.
North East of England Godly Play Network
- Area: North East of England
- Main point of contact: Helen Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regional Trainers: Mary Cooper (email@example.com)
- Advocates: Helen Robertson
We are an ecumenical group covering a large geographical area, currently drawing on our ‘membership’ from Sunderland to Berwick-upon-Tweed, Monkseaton to Bardon Mill and beyond. We meet most months during term time; our regular meeting place is now St James’ and St Basil’s Church in Fenham NE4 9XP. Occasionally (usually in the summer months) we hold our monthly meetings in other locations across the north east; these have included Sunderland, Percy Main, Monkseaton, Ryton, Hexham and Warkworth.
Our meetings are usually take place in the evening, between 7:30pm and 9/9:30pm. During this time we share a Godly Play story and (verbal) wondering, we have the opportunity to debrief the story telling and then share a feast, using the social time to support and learn from each other. These sessions are open both to experienced Godly Play practitioners and to newcomers to Godly Play – we intend them to serve as a good ‘taster’ session. We welcome anyone with an interest in, or curiosity about Godly Play.
Oxfordshire Godly Play Network
- Area: Oxfordshire and surrounding area
- Main point of contact: Carol Carter (Advocate)
We are a non-denominational group that aims to meet around Oxfordshire at regular intervals. We will vary the venue and also the day/time of the meetings. We are open to those who are experienced in Godly Play and those who are just exploring it.
To join the mailing list and hear more about our plans please contact Carol Carter firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheffield Godly Play Network
- Area: Sheffield, Rotherham and surrounding areas
- Diocese: Sheffield, Hallam
- Main contact: email@example.com
- Regional Trainer: Kate Cornwell
- Advocates: Louise Clines
We are a non-denominational group that meets 3 or 4 times a year in different locations around the Sheffield and Rotherham areas, to support practitioners (new and experienced) to develop their practice in community with others. We share stories and wonder, learn and plan together. All are welcome.
Sussex Godly Play Network
- Area: East and West Sussex
- Main point of Contact: Judy Yeomans firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Trainer: Sue North Coombes , Judy Yeomans
- Advocates: Lesley Mason, Alison Day, Judy Yeomans
We are a non-denominational group that meets three times a year in different locations largely in central Sussex, to guide and support one another in our practice. We also hold an annual 24hour retreat (in the autumn). We can loan resources, provide Taster sessions (through our Advocates) and help you to make the most of your Godly Play training and experience.
Find us on Facebook too: Sussex Godly Play Network
York Godly Play Network
- Area: York & surrounding area
- Main point of Contact: Angela Morrison email@example.com
- Regional Trainer: Susie Steel
- Advocates: Heather Black (trainer currently working as Advocate) Caroline Dollard, Sarah Weyell, Rosalyn Boyes, Yvonne West
We are a non-denominational group that tries to meet each half term in the Godly Play classroom at Lidgett Methodist Church, Acomb York YO26 5NH. We share stories and experiences while supporting each other in our use of Godly Play. We are open to anyone who is interested in Godly Play whether they have attended training or not. We try to hold Taster Days and training events when possible and have a library of resources that our members can borrow.
South Wales Godly Play Network
- Area: South Wales
- Main point of contact: The Revd Nicky Skipworth
- The Vicarage, 9 Pembroke Road, Pembroke Dock, SA72 6PG
- 01646 687825
- 07720 201173
- Regional Trainer: Diana Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advocates: Richard Prescott, Elaine Jenkyns and Rhiannon Johnson
- Find us on Facebook: Godly Play UK South Wales Network
We are a geographically wide reaching non-denominational group that covers the whole of South Wales and some border areas. We meet three times a year in a variety of locations (advertised on the website) to allow people from across South Wales to join us. The meetings are usually held on a weekday afternoon between 1-4pm. In this time we share lunch, support and learn from each other, share a story and plan for the future. We also have a regional South Wales network Facebook group. We welcome new members at any of our meetings, regardless of experience.